TO CREATE A RESERVATION REQUEST
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry have three meeting zoom rooms in the Chemistry and Physical Sciences North Buildings (PSBN) for department use: PSBN 4606 (capacity-49), CHEM 1005D (capacity-33) and PSBN 1631 (capacity-10).
These rooms are intended primarily as locations for academic events involving the Chemistry department. They are not to be used for classes unless there are special circumstances which the department chair approves.
The reservation of these meeting rooms will be done on a first come first served basis. Please make your reservations at least two days in advance of when you need the room. There is no guarantee a same day room reservation will be approved.
REPEATING MEETINGS are scheduled quarter by quarter. Reservations starting Fall quarter will be taken starting September 1st, for Winter quarter on December 1st, for Spring on March 15th, and for Summer on June 1st. This is department policy.
If you have a repeating meeting, you must specify the end date or it goes on to infinity. Click on "Does Not Repeat", click "Custom", specify reaccurance information and select 'Ends' 'On' and provide the last day which must be by the end of the quarter (no later).
- Open Google Calendar (https://calendar.google.com).
- Switch to your @ucsb.edu Google Account if necessary.
- Begin placing an event on your @ucsb.edu calendar by selecting the day you want to reserve.
- Input the title of the reservation, including a name of who it is for.
- Enter the time. (If this is a repeated meeting be sure to include an END DATE.
- Add guests now or after you have the room approved.
- Click "Add Rooms", search by typing room number and if it is available you will be able to select it. If it is not available, it will be crossed out.
- Add descriptions or attachments if you have them or you can wait and add information later.
- Save the reservation and your request will be emailed to the department approver.
- If this is for a zoom room meeting, you must make sure the zoom link is added to the 'description' or else the zoom room cannot connect. The most direct way to accomplish this is to edit your reservation and click "Make it a Zoom Meeting" or you can copy and paste a zoom link to the "description" section.
- If the request is not approved, you will be notified of what needs to be revised. Click the pencil icon (Edit Event) in the upper right corner, make changes and save. Please DO NOT make a new reservation.
You can view the calendar for each room to find available times either in Google, by adding the calendar to your list of commonly used calendars (press the + next to "Add a coworker's calendar", then Browse Resources, then check the calendars you want to view regularly), or via the usual Room Reservations page on the controlling department's website.
TIP: If you are flexible about when your meeting will be, or which room you will use, you can add multiple rooms (and guests) to your Event, then use the "Find a Time" feature to identify a time that both a room and your attendees are available. Be sure to remove the rooms you're not booking before hitting Save.
Please note in the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Chair reserves the right to cancel your room reservation with a minimum of two-days notice. This right will be invoked only in emergency circumstances. If you use these facilities you are responsible for leaving them clean, in original configuration, dark, and securely locked. Thank you.
TO ACCESS & VIEW ROOM CALENDARS ONLY
In your UCSB Google Calendar, next to the "Add calendar" option find this icon:
Click on this icon to bring up the menu and select "Browse resources"
From this point, scroll down and select "chem". This will expand to show the three calendars for our reservable space. On the left side of each room you can click the check box and now it will be available for viewing on your calendar when activated.