Tel: (805) 893-5921
Fax: (805) 893-4120
Office: Chemistry 4221
- Ph. D. in Chemical Physics, University of Amsterdam, 1980.
- M. Sc. in Nuclear Physics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, 1975.
- B. Sc. in Physics, Mathematics, and Astronomy, University of Amsterdam, 1971.
Research & Professional Experience
- 2000- Professor. Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. University of California, Santa Barbara.
- 1997-2000: Associate Professor. Department of Chemistry, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 1985-1996: Research Staff member. IBM Almaden Research Laboratory.
- 1984-1985: Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, University of Maryland.
- 1980-1984: Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, University of California.
- 1975-1980: Research fellow, FOM Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- 1973-1975: Graduate Research, Accelerator facility, Weizmann Institute, Rechovot, Israel.
Awards & Professional Memberships
- Fellow AAAS 2008
- Humbolt Research fellowship for lifetime achievement, 2003
- Guest Editor European Journal of Physics, 2002
- Guest Editor Journal of the Israeli Chemical Society 2000
- Guastalla Fellow 1997-2000.
- Member Farkash Center for Light Induced Processes, Jerusalem 1997-2000
- Member James Frank Institute, Jerusalem 1997-2000
- IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award 1996
- IBM Outstanding Innovation award 1992
- Member Executive Committee Western Spectroscopy Association.1990-1993
- IBM Invention Achievement Award 1990
- Member American Chemical Society
- Member American Physical Society
- Member American Association for the Advancement of Science