Yann's research focuses on the mechanisms of IDP aggregation, with a particular interest in the tau protein, involved in Alzheimer's Disease. His aim is to understand the structural transformations involved in aggregation pathways, and the molecular factors (presence of cofactors and seeds, buffer conditions, etc.) determining the properties of mature aggregates.
- 2006: Scientific Baccalaureate, with honors
- 2011: M.Eng., Physics, Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (INSA), Rennes, France.
- 2015: Ph.D., Physics for Life Sciences, Institut de Biologie Structurale, Grenoble, France.
- 2016 - present: Postdocral Researcher, University of California - Santa Barbara (Advisor: Prof. Songi Han)
- 2013: Fulbright PhD Student Scholarship
- 2016: Best PhD Thesis Award from Grenoble Alpes University
- 2016: Harvey Karp Discovery Award (Postdoctoral Fellowship)
- 2017: French Biophysical Society Young Researcher Award