Asif's main focus is method development and application of solid-state dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP) enhanced NMR to study biosolids, in particular aggregation intermediates of Tau proteins. In addition to this, understanding electron spin dynamics under non-continuous microwave irradiation condition is another major goal in the pursuit of improving DNP efficiency in power limited and faster magic-angle spinning frequency regime.
- 2008 - 2013: B.S., M.S., Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali, India
- 2013 - 2016: Ph.D., Inter-disciplinary Nanoscience, Aarhus University, Denmark (Advisor: Prof. Niels Chr. Nielsen)
- 2016: Postdoctoral Researcher, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India (Advisor: Prof. P. K. Madhu)
- 2016 - present: Postdoctoral Researcher, University of California - Santa Barbara (Advisor: Prof. Songi Han)
- 2008 - 2013: INSPIRE Fellowship